With privacy becoming increasingly popular topic, it is worth mentioning a couple of things, law related, in terms what is and what is not allowed. Below is just a small overview, but please come back for more information, and you can also visit previous articles on our blog.
ORDER AUTHORIZING INSTALLATION AND USE OF MOBILE TRACKING DEVICE.
A district judge may issue an order for the installation and use of a mobile tracking device only on the application of an authorized peace officer. An application must be written, signed, and sworn to before the judge.
The affidavit must: state the name, department, agency, and address of the applicant; identify the vehicle, container, or item to which, in which, or on which the mobile tracking device is to be attached, placed, or otherwise installed; state the name of the owner or possessor; judicial jurisdictional area; and state the facts and circumstances that provide the applicant with a reasonable suspicion that criminal activity has been, is, or will be committed; and the installation and use of a mobile tracking device is likely to produce information that is material to an ongoing criminal investigation of that criminal activity.
CRIMINAL INSTRUMENTS, INTERCEPTION OF WIRE OR ORAL COMMUNICATION, AND INSTALLATION OF TRACKING DEVICE
UNLAWFUL USE OF CRIMINAL INSTRUMENT OR MECHANICAL SECURITY DEVICE.
A person commits an offense if the person possesses a criminal instrument or mechanical security device with the intent to use the instrument or device in the commission of an offense; or with knowledge of its character and with the intent to use a criminal instrument or mechanical security device or aid or permit another to use the instrument or device in the commission of an offense, the person manufactures, adapts, sells, installs, or sets up the instrument or device.
“Criminal instrument” means anything, the possession, manufacture, or sale of which is not otherwise an offense, that is specially designed, made, or adapted for use in the commission of an offense.
“Mechanical security device” means a device designed or manufactured for use by a locksmith to perform services for a customer who seeks entry to a structure, motor vehicle, or other property.
UNLAWFUL INTERCEPTION, USE, OR DISCLOSURE OF WIRE, ORAL, OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS.
A person commits an offense if the person:
– intentionally intercepts, endeavors to intercept, or procures another person to intercept or endeavor to intercept a wire, oral, or electronic communication;
– intentionally discloses or endeavors to disclose to another person the contents of a wire, oral, or electronic communication if the person knows or has reason to know the information was obtained through the interception of a wire, oral, or electronic communication in violation of this subsection;
– intentionally uses or endeavors to use the contents of a wire, oral, or electronic communication if the person knows or is reckless about whether the information was obtained through the interception of a wire, oral, or electronic communication in violation of this subsection;
– knowingly or intentionally effects a covert entry for the purpose of intercepting wire, oral, or electronic communications without court order or authorization;
– intentionally uses, endeavors to use, or procures any other person to use or endeavor to use any interception device to intercept any oral communication when the device:
As always, the best option is to contact Atlas Bail and go over available info and all the details. With our experience, knowledge and great customer service, we can have your loved ones back to you as soon as the law will allow us. From the moment you show up in our office we understand your need for guidance and help. The fact that a person is in jail is only the beginning of the process. Selecting AAA Atlas Bail is an important first step. With years of experience in our office, we most definitely will have the right answer for you.